Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July New Releases



I must not have been paying attention lately because I completely missed the release of the second book in the All Souls Trilogy. After being totally engrossed in The Discovery of Witches when it was first released I have been anxiously, and patiently, waiting for the second novel. Shadow of Night is finally here and has been added to my list of must reads. Not much is told about the plot of this next book. All we know is that it picks up after the first one ended in their journey to Elizabethan London. Diana is there to learn the craft of magic and Mathew must face a past he thought he had put to rest.









The Next Best Thing

The next best thing is about a girl who moves to Hollywood to hit it big, but this time it is not as an actress; Ruth wants to be a screenwriter. At twenty three, she moves from Minneapolis with her grandmother and now six years later she has finally made an impression. The sitcom she wrote has been picked up, and she is the show runner. This book goes into the backstage of Hollywood production. Ruth has to deal with actors, executives, and what goes on in the writer's room. Weiner has

1 comment:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I have the Audio Book for 'The Next Best Thing' and I'm looking forward to it. But, I'm worried I won't like the narrator. AH!! It all comes down to the narrator.