Friday, September 2, 2011

New Releases September 5

I forgot to post new releases last week, and I don't even have an excuse why. The first book I'm showing you was released last week.


Only Time Will Tell, is the new book by Jeffery Archer. I have never read any of his books before, so I cant comment whether I think he is a good writer or not. I read the synopsis and this book sounds like it could be really interesting, or long and boring. I only say this because it reminds me of Pillars of the Earth which I read a few years ago. It also spanned the entire life time of the main character. Although it was a good story I found it hard to get through a book that covers such a wide time span.  If you love Jeffery Archer, and think I'm being unfair, I'm sorry, I probably am. So, I'll stop talking and tell you what the book is about. The book starts in 1920 with Harry Clifton's words "I thought my father was killed in the war." Harry never met his father and learned about the docks from his uncle and was expected to work there too, until he got an unexpected scholarship to a exclusive school. When Harry grows up he learns the real way his father died, which raises the question whether his father was really his father at all. This book is the first in a series called the Clifton Chronicles. The series will take the reader through 100 years of this families story.


Cover Image


Christina Dodd has a new book named Revenge at Bella Terra. I have read one of her books before and liked it. She did a good job of combining romance with adventure. Eli's family vineyard has run into financial trouble. An Italian magnate named Tamosso Conte makes Eli an offer to make his problems disappear. All he has to do is marry his daughter. But Chloe does not want to get married, and soon discovers Eli has secrets that will put them both in danger.

 






 This book being released on Tuesday, is a spin off of Live Wire, by Harlan Coben. Mickey Bolitar was introduced in Coben's last book as Myron's nephew. In this novel made for young adults, Mickey has to live with his uncle after his father dies in a car crash and his mom is sent to rehab. In Mickey's new school he meets friends and has a girlfriend, Ashley. Just when everything was getting better Ashley disappears and Mickey is determined to find her. After Mickely follows her trail into a seedy world, he discovers that Ashley was not who she said she was, and either was his father.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Where do you find the time to read! :) I really have to schedule reading into my day or life gets in the way!!

Michelle said...

Well, I haven't actually read any of these new releases :) I think my Kobo is trying to ask me the same question. Last night it informed me I'd been reading for 2 hours. I think it was trying to tell me to do something else. Like when the wii shows the picture of the window and says, "why not take a break"