Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Broken Wings by Alexandrea Weis

I recently finished reading Broken Wings by Alexandrea Weis. At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, but I'm glad I decided to read it. I very much enjoyed the book and was surprised by how quickly I finished it.

Broken WingsIt started as a typical romance. The reluctant woman who has sworn off love, meets a dangerous yet sexy man, and their relationship grows as he is slowly able to break down the barriers preventing her from letting him in. This books carries on from that story and brings a lot more into the picture. There are more characters such as an ex-husband, his new wife, and her best friend. Her ex husband made the perfect villain, I think I hated him as much as she did. Her best friend Carol, made me laugh several times.

I liked how the main character Pamela decided to spend her life taking care of sick and damaged animals. It seemed like a more realistic reaction to a hard divorce then some other books. I have gone back and forth trying to decide whether the sick animals signify Pamela or Daniel, and who healed who. Both of them had been hurt in different ways, and needed someone to care for them. No matter who it is, the animals did a great deal to soothe their problems.

About half way through the book I couldn't stop reading it. There were some unexpected plot turns, that lead to hard choices for Pamela . There were several points where I was unsure how the book was going to end. In most romances it is usually obvious that the book will turn out with a happy ending, but this book kept me guessing and wondering if the happy ending we all want was possible. Even at the end of the book with only a few pages left I was caught up in the story. I had my fingers crossed, hoping everything would turn out ok.
This book is available on Amazon for only 4.99! So if you don't feel like spending ten dollars for a good story, you can grab this great read for half the price.

I would like to thank the author and Bostick Communications for providing me with the e-pub so I could have the chance to read it.

No comments: