Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One Shot: The Movie

Lee Child's book One Shot is becoming a movie staring Tom Cruise. I have this book on my book shelf, I bought it over 8 years ago and have to admit that is one of the only books I never managed to finish. I found it that boring. So I am surprised that they are making a movie of it. Maybe I didn't give it a good chance at the time, but I usually am very strict with my self about finishing every book that I start.

In an article I read on Word & Film Lee Child is quoted with saying that the movie is not going to be like the book. (Which I think is a good thing, I might actually see it now) So I don't take his words out of context Ill give you the whole quote. It was in response to people complaining about the lead being given to Tom Cruise.

"Obviously, Tom Cruise doesn't match the physical description of Reacher in the books... but the movie is not going to match the book anyway. If you look at what McQuarrie and Cruise have done before, I think this Reacher will be more clinical - the scalpel rather than the sledgehammer. What people forget is that Tom Cruise is quite possible the best actor of his generation."
Now remember that wasn't me who said Tom Cruise was the best actor, it was Lee Child. I like the Mission Impossible movies but wouldn't got that far.

Did anyone else read One Shot? If so, did you like it?

No comments: