Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bonnie by Iris Johnson

I was excited when I picked up the last instalment of Iris's series, and was not disappointed. The first chapter does a short re-hash of how Quinn ended then wastes no time getting back into the story. Like each of the previous books this one focuses on the chase of a potential murderer of Bonnie. I really have no complaints about this book at all. I stayed up late reading several nights because I wanted to know the ending.

The only thing I have to point out is, knowing this is the last book in the series I was pretty sure who the killer had to be. I even guessed the circumstances around Bonnie's death and was no far off from the truth. Even if the ending was slightly predictable, I didn't feel that it took any of the suspense and excitement away from the story. There was still a chance I was wrong and there was going to be a plot twist.
Some people have mentioned that they think the ending was weak compared with the suspense and excitement in the books. I can understand why they feel that way. I was expecting a big surprising "oh my god" ending, but it was more "ehh". I'm not saying it was bad, the lead up was amazing. I guess that after 2 books you want to be shocked and in awe when you finally discover the truth, and I didn't feel that.

Don't let this discourage you; it just sounds harsh. This is a great series, touching and exciting. And the lead up is well worth the time, despite how you feel about the ending.  Remember people, its the journey that counts. 4/5

No comments: