Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gods Behaving Badly is Becoming a Movie

I read today that a book I read last year, Gods Behaving Badly, is going to be turned into a movie! It's always exciting to see a book you enjoyed become a movie, because you get a chance to see someone else's vision of the book. I'm also excited to see it come to life, I just hope that the movie is as funny as I remember the book was.

It was a while ago I read it, so I cant review it properly, but I do remember how creative the author was taking the personalities of the Greek gods and transporting them into modern times. It was amusing to read how much trouble the Gods were having in our times, and how they dealt with the lack of belief in the world.


The one thing I remember from the book that really made me laugh, was that the biggest skill to have in the after world was being a good scrabble player. Apparently when you have entirety in front of you, scrabble and boardgames are a very important time waster.

The movie also seems to have attracted a large amount of stars, which makes me hope that it will be a good movie. Christopher Walken is playing Zeus! Other big stars with roles are Sharon Stone and Alicia Silverstone. Another actor I like, but am not sure if he's well known, is John Turturro. Who I know from Transformers and Mr. Deeds. He's playing Hades, who I think is a perfect fit; he's a funny guy.

I am excited for this movie, and anyone who hasn't read the book yet should check it out. It's a great read and not that long if your pressed for time.

No comments: