Friday, August 26, 2011

I won a book! (It's exciting to me)

Last week I got an email from Random House, the first thing I saw was the subject line, which said winner! My first thought was what did I win? My second was junk mail. I opened the email, and yah! I did win something. I won a book. Turns out last month I entered a contest for a copy of Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close. I had forgot that I entered, which made it even more exciting when I saw I won.

 So today, at 8am no less, the postman knocked on my door. After yelling, just a minute, and running around my apartment looking for something to put over my pajammas, I opened the door to get a brown paper package. I was just in time too, because the postman was tired of waiting for me to find clothes and was about to walk away with my book. But I got my parcel and opened it to see a pretty hard cover copy of the book. I read the description again and the authors bio at the back, and now I'm so excited to get to read it. It's the authors first book, and it I'm thinking she might remind me of Emily Griffith. I'm in the middle of Catching Fire at the moment, but as soon as im done Im going to read this one. I can't wait. I think the fact that it was free is making me a little crazy.

No comments: