Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beach Trip

I went to the beach yesterday. I just started a good chick lit so I thought the beach would be a perfect atmosphere to relax and read. I packed my Kobo into my blue beach bag, more like threw it in on top of the other junk, and headed to my cousins place.

We arrived around eleven, it wasn't too crowed and it was the perfect temperature to sit around, but I didn't get one sentence read. Instead I started the morning making sand castles. Then as it got hotter out, mid thirties plus humidity (ahhh), I sat in the water up to my waist with my cousin, as her son walked back and forth from the beach and dumped shovels full of muddy sand in my hand.

We did get lots of people watching done. The beach is the obvious place to check out the new styles of bathing suits, and criticise what others are wearing while safely under the water. I know it's bad to judge, but you sometimes cant help it. Which is why the minute I get out of the water I quickly make my way to my towel to cover up. If I do it everyone else must be too.

I have a long drive to the cottage this weekend, so I will get more productive reading done then.

No comments: