Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Releases July 25

Here are next weeks new releases that caught my eye. Nothing that makes me exited, but still worth a look.

I noticed there to be some hype around the new book in the Dresden Files Series. I've never read or heard of Jim Butcher, the author who writes supernatural crime novels. This series is about a wizard detective?? Interesting combination, I guess it could be useful when investigating to know magic. In the last book he died and is now a ghost wizard detective. Even better. Although it sounds weird I have read a lot weirder books and have really enjoyed them. This reminds me of a Christopher Moore book I read about a guy who becomes the Grimm Reaper, it was really funny. I believe I read that lots of people love the dark humour these books.



J.D Robb has a new book titled Treachery in Death. J.D Robb is another pen name for Nora Roberts. I've never read any of her Robb books. I have read lots of Nora Roberts books, (a guilty pleasure when I'm in the mood for some romance.) I think the two names is to keep her romance and murder novels separate. I can safely say she is a good writer, so this is probably a good book.


Jeffery Deaver has a book coming out called Edge. Ive read a few of his books before, I enjoyed some and others I found boring. This one is about a secret government agency that specializes in citizen protection, one of their agents named Corte, (who loves board games, and uses they strategy solve his cases) is sent to protect a D.C detective. Detective Ryan Kessler is being targeted by an enemy of Corte, and Corte must decide whether to seek revenge on the killer or to protect the Kessler family.

No comments: