Friday, July 29, 2011

New Releases August 1

There are not that many new releases that interest me this week. The only one that caught my eye is Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. Now if you don't know who Nicholas Sparks is, you really have to catch up on you book knowledge. I don't want to offend you, but really, where have you been?  Have you not seen, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, Dear John, or the most famous, The Notebook? Ok you caught me, those are all movies, I've never actually read one of his books, but if you like romances you have to at least read one. Why not this one?

This story is about a mysterious women named Katie. She is a new comer to a small town and is reserved and reluctant to make any friends. A series of events leads her to form relationships with two people. As she gets closer to them, she must choose whether to share her dark secret and live a life of risk and love, or be safe but keep to herself.

I have to admit, I kind of roll my eyes when I think of his sappy, sad, romances; but at the same time, I will never forget the stories, they really touch you. Well, maybe not Nights in Rodanthe so much, but definitely the others. Now that I think of it, I think I read a reader' Digest condensed version of one of his books, and it was so good I read it all in one sitting. There was a lighthouse on the cover...

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh this looks great! Can't wait to read it! :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Michelle said...

No problem, any time :)